NERF is returning this year with its 2nd annual Dart Tag World Championship. Set to follow the Dew Tour yet again, which means if you are in one of the touring areas, you’ll have a chance to compete for the $25,000 grand prize.
Dew Tour Event Dates
- June 25-27
- July 23-25
- August 12-15
- September 16-19
- October 14-17
While the dates have been set for each stop, the locations are still pending (UPDATE: Locations are in – 2010 Dart Tag Championship Locations). In 2009 Dew Tour made stops in Chicago, Boston, Portland, and Salt Lake City, so it is most likely they will pick new locations for 2010. For those of you unaware, the NDTL (NERF Dart Tag League) holds regional tournaments in each stop of the Dew Action Sports Tour. There are two age divisions you can sign up for: 8 – 12 and 13 – 17. Each division will compete against teams within its division, so you will never compete against teams with players more than 4 years older than you.
Those fortunate to live in or near the cities visited in 2009 were given a shot to compete in a regional qualifying tournament. The teams that placed went on to compete in the 2009 World Dart Tag Championship, which kicked off in Orlando on October 17th, 2009.
Video Recap of the 2009 Dart Tag Championship
What was the grand prize for 1st place you may ask? $25,000 BONES. That’s a lot of green, even after splitting it amongst the team.
Details You Should Know
- Team Size – Teams of 4
- Age Divisions – 8 to 12, and 13 to 17
- How to Register– Visit http://reg.hasbro.com/Nerf/DartTagLeague/ to register for the newsletter. Once registered you’ll be given access to the members only site and emailed updates on the NDTL. You should also fill out this
team registration form(they deleted it) and FAX it to the address provided.
- Where Regionals Will Be – Locations are undecided currently.
- Game Format – Timed capture the flag elimination.
- Tournament Format – Round robin. Every team plays every team. The 2 teams with the most points in the end advance to the finals. The winning team from the finals gets to go compete for the $25,000 prize in the championship tournament.
- Nerf Gun Used – Last year it was the Furyfire blaster. Still no word on what will be used this year.
2010 is yet again set to be an exciting year for the newly established Dart Tag Championships. It represents a 2nd chance for Nerfers like you to test your skills in an exciting fast paced game format with a $25,000 grand prize.